Monday, May 23, 2011

A Spiritual Bouquet for Arwen, Bryan, and their Children.

May 29th Update: The best news of all - both boys are now home with Arwen and Bryan! Thank you for all your support for the Moshers and may God bless you!

May 27th Update: Wonderful yet bittersweet news - as of this morning, Linus has been discharged from the NICU and is home. Little Ambrose, however, has had a few complications and needs to stay for at least another day and possibly longer. In terms of today's prayer, Arwen says: "Today's prayers: thanksgiving that Linus is doing so well, and fervent intercession that Ambrose is home asap." Thank you so much for your continued support.


For nearly 7 years, Arwen Mosher has been writing online. Both her personal blog and her posts over at Faith and Family Live have been and continue to be touching, challenging, and inspiring. Arwen's husband, Bryan, is a wonderful man who is often featured in her writing, as are her small children. The oldest are 4.5 year old Camilla and 2 year old Blaise.

On Thursday, May 12th, Arwen delivered identical twin boys! Linus Michael was born at 12:38 am, and his brother Ambrose John arrived at 12:41. They were born a bit earlier than we'd all hoped, at only 34w3d gestation. The boys are doing incredibly well but are still in the NICU.

With older children, Arwen and Bryan already have a great deal of the basic baby needs. Rather than throwing them an online baby shower, we thought we'd send them a spiritual bouquet.

For those who are unfamiliar with the concept of a spiritual bouquet, it's simply a collection of prayers gathered together for a particular intention, the way that flowers are gathered together for a bouquet. Individuals who would like to contribute to the bouquet promise to offer a certain number or type of prayers or devotions for the intention, and then someone complies a list of the prayers that will be offered and presents it to the person or people receiving the bouquet. In this case, the Moshers will know about the bouquet as it grows, but because they have so many friends and well-wishers in the online community, it seemed fitting to organize the bouquet online.

Please take a look at the poll on the right-hand sidebar and choose as many prayers or practices as you'd like to offer for the intentions of the Mosher family. If we've neglected to mention an option in the poll, please feel free to offer any prayer or devotion you'd like; just describe it in the comments section so that the family will know what you're offering on their behalf.

If you'd like to specify what you'll be doing in honour of the family, please feel free to do so in the comments section. We're sure that this information will be treasured by the Moshers. It would also be wonderful for them to know who is praying for them. However, if you prefer to remain anonymous, you may simply choose a prayer or devotion from the poll without offering an additional comment.

Thank you for your prayers for Arwen, Bryan, and their growing family!

32 comments:

  1. I will offer a Rosary on behalf of the Moshers, and will also spend some time specifically praying for (1) the babies to come home soon, (2) the babies to come home TOGETHER, and (3) peace and strength for Arwen and Bryan while the boys are still in the hospital.

    We love you, Arwen and Bryan, and we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm offering a Rosary for the intentions of the Mosher Family. I'll fast for a day, and I'll abstain from TV, and I'll be praying for the health of the twins and any other needs.

    Lots of love, Arwen & Bryan, from your friends in Canada. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will offer my morning prayer and Scripture reading time for the twins and their health, and that they will come home from the hospital soon. I will pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet and offer my Holy Communion tomorrow for the intentions of the whole family. I also want to pray a rosary specifically for Arwen, that she will be able to be well-rested and will be consoled as she processes the difficulty of this time. Love and prayers for the whole family--Miri

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm offering a Rosary and a day of abstinence for the Mosher family.

    Team Canada sends prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will pray a Rosary and a Divine Mercy Chaplet for the entire Mosher family. Thank you so much for setting this up! What a gift for us all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll offer a day's worth of the divine office. Plus I'll be thinking of those babies and praying for their health and a speedy homecoming every time I change a diaper. (And with three in diapers that will be a whole lot of little prayers offered up through the day.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely! I'll pray a special rosary and a DM chaplet, and I'll also offer my weekend Mass for the family.

    I'd like to do a novena too.

    Tanks for setting this up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll offer up my Masses and Rosaries for the rest of the work week. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. With love to the entire Mosher family: 10 rosaries offered for their intentions

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will be offering rosaries, at of charity, and intercessory prayers for the Family and their special intentions. (I could not get this to post without the Anonymous:(
    Blessings to all:)
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be saying a rosary for the family and their intentions.

    Mary N

    ReplyDelete
  12. God bless your family! I will attend Mass for your intentions and offer a time of intercessory prayer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll be saying a divine mercy chaplet for Arwen's strength, courage, and perseverance, and abstaining from meat for the twins continued growth and health! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll offer up a rosary for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Abstaining from Chocolate until the twins come home and praying a DM chaplet everyday for God's special graces on the whole Mosher family. Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a beautiful idea! I am offering my Mass/Holy Communion and a Divine Mercy Chaplet for your strength, Arwen. For peace and for the health of the babies, that they get to come home soon! God bless you abundantly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. As always, offering prayers several times daily for Linus, Ambrose, and the whole Mosher family. We love you, sweethearts, and look forward to the day when you're all reunited under one roof!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Offering a day of abstinence as well as ongoing prayers. I would give you all a big ole hug if I could oh and some soup and a cuppa tea because it always helps. =}

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll be offering this Friday's Holy Hour and specific intercessory prayer for your family. Many blessings! Mary L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Morning and evening prayer, Wednesday eucharist at Grace, and adoration tomorrow somewhere. For God's perfect timing, and Arwen's peace. I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm keeping the Mosher family in my daily prayers: for Linus and Ambrose to grow strong enough to eat everything and come home very soon; for nurses who will make the NICU time more tolerable rather than worse; for Arwen to have peace despite the normal sadness and grief; for Arwen to have time to rest; for Blaise and Camilla to feel loved and secure amidst the upheaval; and for strength for Bryan as he holds his family together.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Prayers for the family sung loudly while having a shower. Will continue to pray for God to enfold the Moshers in his love.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will pray a rosary and spend time in intercessory prayer for the Mosher family.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am a longtime lurket, but wanted to let you know that I'll be babysitting for a friend with two young children who is a bit overwhelmed right now as an act of charity.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am contributing my daily prayers for the little boys to be home and healthy, strength peace, and faith in the Lord for Arwen and Bryan.
    Arwen, you are a true inspiration for me, may all the positive thoughts you have given others come back to you 100 fold!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have twin boys too, I'll offer up my prayer time and little prayers throughout the day for you and your family, and especially for Ambrose and Linus – for their health, blessings and that they'll be able to come home soon! May God shower you with peace, consolation, strength and lots of help from family and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely idea!
    I will say the rosary and offer a mass as well as fasting for a day. The Mosher family and the twins will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    God bless.
    Maria MacDonald (Almonte Canada)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am giving up afternoon snacks for Arwen and the babies.

    Jeanne G.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I will say a rosary and offer up Mass this weekend for the Moshers and whatever they most need!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Offering a rosary and intercessory prayer in thanksgiving for Linus being home, as well as for Arwen's peace and for Ambrose's health and strength. Much love to all the Moshers!

    ReplyDelete
  31. We will be praying a rosary on behalf of the Moshers and keeping the whole family close in prayer. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete